Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Jeremy's Arabic notebooks. Featuring "Spotlight" and making phone calls



So I have piles of language notebooks. I have digitized a few sections of one. I am considering putting my notes from my Syria program online. They would be seperated into Syrian colloquial and MSA. There may be some sub categories such as grammar, novels, news etc. What else would I do with all the knowledge I gained? I believe that sharing is caring folks. I will have to think about how and where to store all of these. They are currently in low resolution jpgs. I found that taking low res photos goes much faster than scanning or any other option I could think of. Tell me what you think and share ideas.

Above is an example of a vocab page from one of my notebooks. This is Syrian colloquial. The page on the right is from the Syrian TV series "Spotlight". The page on the left is notes from a speaking partner exchange.

Click on the photo to enlarge it. Oh, and I don't always complete my notes in English. Usually, but not always. For example on bottom of the left page there is the English that says simply "I will" - I should have written "I will no longer speak with you". The construction I was practicing was "to do something no more / no longer".

And don't take my word for everything. Learn from others' notes, but you should always verify and practice to make sure you and I are both correct.

2 Comments:

At 19:34, Blogger أبو مرقس said...

Jeremy in my experience I have found scanning using a modern photocopier the fastest way to digitise books. My work photocopier scans a page in a flash and then makes the tiff/pdf file available on the network or emails it to me. Perhaps you can find that sort of photocopier near you somewhere. Or post your notes to me and I will do it.

 
At 09:44, Blogger Unknown said...

This is totally Syrian :))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home